Saturday, July 7, 2012

...Five Weeks Later

It really hasn't been five weeks, but it sort of feels like it has. I am truly blessed to work for an employer who gives additional holidays to their staff. We were given Wednesday as a holiday and the "powers that be" gifted us Thursday and Friday too. This was entirely unexpected and very well received.

We are in the middle of a fairly nasty heat wave. It has been at least 100 and mildly humid for the better part of a week. I figure that work found it cheaper to pay us to stay home than to keep all the buildings working at full power.

You may be wanting some more information about this mythical "her." We have had another date or two since Sunday. I'm not sure how to classify these things. They begin as group gatherings and then we end up together, sitting, talking, and enjoying each others company. We went to see Brave with her mother and youngest sibling. I had a wonderful time. I think she had fun too.

She invited me to her family's 4th of July party. It might be a little soon to meet the family, but since I have never been in this position before I don't know any better. Plus I enjoy meeting family. Again I had a good time. She has a pool. It was a wonderful way to pass the evening. We went a little further south to watch fireworks and ended up sitting next to a farmers' field for an hour afterwards. We probably would've stayed there all evening had the proprietor of the field inform us that they were amiable to us watching fireworks there, but that it was not a "party spot."

We went back to her place and sat on the swing until after midnight.

I meet her for "breakfast" both Thursday and Friday mornings. She was working and I waited for her in the parking lot with either a mountain dew or french toast sticks. I hope she finds that sweet and not... stalkerish. I'd even settle for creepy.

We played frisbee Thursday, went back to her place and swam for a couple hours with people from frisbee. I ended up staying later then them and we stayed up watching Pride and Prejudice until 2:00 with her grandma, mother, and sister. Friday I drove her, her mother and sister up to Midway to pick up another sibling.

I have spent each evening since Tuesday with her. She probably doesn't know this, but she has me hook, line, and sinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment