Saturday, July 14, 2012

Baby I'm Amazed By You

Queue sappy love song.

We have seen each other at least once, if only for a few minutes, a day for the past ten days. I'm amazed at how quickly someone can enter my life and become a part of it and how I feel when they are not there. I'm laughing at myself. I guess the word for this might be love-struck or maybe this is more like Red, "I guess I just miss my friend."

I'm surprised at how tied to my phone I am now. Before two weeks ago I could almost care less what happened to it. I've let it sit, shut off because I hadn't plugged it in, for entire weekends. Now I keep it on me. I treat it like a precious heirloom. It is my connection to her. My heart jumps and a smile begins to spread across my face when I see the text icon. I check it more often and keep it within reach more frequently than I ever have.

Have I really changed and altered my life for this woman? Are these underlying traits, ones that anyone could bring out of me given the right set of circumstances? I hope that what I am showing her is an authentic man. I want to be honest. It scares me that I'm opening up to someone. I have very few secrets. I will give most anyone an honest answer, and if I choose not to answer, the response is that I would prefer not to share. It's more of an ask me again later.

I have been rocking Pandora a lot recently. I love my Jason Myles Goss station. He is just so smooth. There is an artist that comes up on the station regularly enough. The artist is Tyrone Wells. He must be gaining some recognition because a friend of mine saw him in concert a couple of weeks ago. I love the song, "Sea Breeze." It is a beautifully simple song. The combination of love, water, and dreams speaks to me.

I used to keep a dream journal. I wanted to chronicle what my dreams were, at least the ones I could remember in the morning. I don't remember many of them or even acknowledge that I have been dreaming most of the time. *Queue sappy dream metaphor*  Maybe one day I'll have a dream, lived out, to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment