Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Untitled due to lack of a better title

My thoughts seem to be focused on the present recently. What I am doing immediately; what is currently going on in my life. Either I have been enjoying my current life or I have been a very shallow person recently.

I had an interesting thought at church the other day. The pastor was speaking about Israel and how they ran away from their calling. I'm reminded of what God originally called Israel to do; they were to be the preachers of God to the world. God called them to be pastors. They were to be a nation of pastors.

I looked at my pastor and realized that this man has no special ability. He has training; an education, but his ability to preach does not make him special. The pastor is following a plan for his life. He knows that he is called to preach and is not running away from it. The pastor becomes dear to me because of our relationship, not because he is the pastor. If we had no relationship then there would be no reason to consider him any more or less special than another person.

Israel fled from their calling. They ran so far in another direction that God eventually said, "this is not working" and tried a different method. How different would this world be had Israel embraced their calling and become the pastors of their world? If they actively went and built relationships with other nations and became dear to them?

I have made a new friend this past year. She has become very dear to me. I care for her a great deal. She feels safe and comfortable in my arms. She knows that when I am there I will protect her, care for her, and treat her with respect and love her. What would happen if an entire nation could feel that way when someone from Israel would show up (or even my country)?

No comments:

Post a Comment