Monday, September 19, 2011

30 going on 20

The other day I was told, by two different groups of people, that I looked like I was in my early to mid twenties. Apparently when I shave I have a young face. I was estimated 4 to 7 years younger than I am. I'm pretty sure it's due to all my years to easy living. Strike that, extra easy living.

I'm going to be honest, I don't really feel like I'm going to be turning 30. I know I'm an "old man" but 30 really isn't that old. Most professional athletes are just emerging in their respective fields at 30. (I'm about the farthest thing from a professional athlete but the comparison between emergence in a field, knowledge of a position, and growth demonstrates that it isn't until this age when I truly start to shine.)

Hard living really does take an effect on the individual. I thought "A Picture of Dorian Gray" was an interesting take on society and humanity, but I don't think I realized until recently, how hard living or life in general can beat someone up (mentally, emotionally, and physically). The effects of Dorian's hard life were transplanted to the picture. I'm sure there hundreds thousands millions of people who want nothing more than to transfer or dull the pain of life. I figure that's why alcohol, drugs, smoking, and all sorts of other vices are so prevalent. (The last sentence forced me to learn "html" for the strikethrough. I learned something today.)

I met this woman at a bonfire. I remember seeing her auburn/reddish/blond hair as it was highlighted by the bonfire. I thought she was gorgeous. She had a captivating smile and wonderful laughter. I can't remember much more about the evening other than staring at her through the firelight. I probably creeped her out quite a bit (or more likely she didn't even notice).

I had heard Mat Kearney a couple of days/weeks earlier. I liked his music and the song All I Need got stuck in my head. It's another piano driven ballad. (I'm starting to see a trend develop.) I must've seen the movie 28 Days Later or TV series Jeremiah recently because I have this picture in my mind of the song occurring during a post-apocalyptic world were 2 people are the only "survivors" in an area. They are both running for their lives and he is leading the way and she stumbles and he comes back for her.

I was told that she was "big into that guy." I can't help but always think of her and that song or that song always reminds me of her. Either way the two are intertwined forever in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment