Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Girl you are so groovy (borrowed from Penny Arcade)

The messages at church have revolved around marriage for the past couple of weeks. Since marriage is something that has grown on me and I am warming up to these messages hold a special interest for me.

On Mother's Day the message was about friendship. The premise was that your spouse is a good friend. In fact, they are one of your best friends. You enjoy doing things together. You pal around together. You go and do things that one party enjoys and they other goes along because they are a friend. One of the core aspects of a marriage is the ability to be friends.

It made sense to me that this woman I have been dating is indeed a good friend of mine. She is one of my best friends. I enjoy palling around with her. I enjoy doing things with her, not because I enjoy them, but because she does and I am there as a friend. If I were to remove the romantic aspect of our relationship I would be a her friend and she would be mine.

I am very thankful our relationship. I am aware that it is an immense blessing. I love this woman and I am so very thankful that we are friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment