Wednesday, May 29, 2013

And so the plot thickens

Somehow, in the grand scheme of life, things happen. You never really know how or why, but they do. I found out the other day that I owe additional money for my education. I received a "free" masters degree, but there were "incidentals." My thought process at the time.

I do not have the money laying around. I took out a loan for more than the cost figuring that it would help me with some other expenses. When I was in undergrad I took out loans too. All of my school related expenses were deducted and any extra was given to me. I assumed that this was how this operated. Mistake.

It has been over a year since those funds were all disbursed. I have since spent them all on various and assorted sundries. And like I was 3 years ago I do not have the money sitting around waiting to be spent.

I'm disappointed this wasn't resolved beforehand. I operated under an improper understanding of how this system works. And the biggest frustration... is with myself.

I constantly feel defeated because of my inability to properly manage finances. I am saddened that once again I owe money and have no means by which I can make a payment. I was beginning to feel that I was making progress only to have something like this creep up and hit me. The consolation, I can have the whole thing fixed/corrected in less than 6 months. The problem, they have given me 15 days to pay them in any way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment