Monday, February 11, 2013

Heart and Soul

I've been working through the idea of a heart and soul in my mind recently. No not that one... or even that one. The physical heart and the intangible soul. I was reading something either from a friend or from a devotional site describing the human condition as vessels holding a soul.

I imagined that my soul existed before time, outside of time, and at some point a container was shaped and fashioned for it. Then my soul entered time and I was born. The thought progressed further that if I have a soul then my parents have a soul, my siblings have souls, and my friends have souls. This would make my soul very dear to my parents and likewise, their souls very dear to mine.

I then imagined that our souls knew each other before we entered time and that there was a special bond formed between us. The relationship we share in this existence was established before time. They were dear to me before I came into being and they will be dear to me after I cease to be.

This thought process reaches its next level of progression when I think of this woman. I love her. I care about her. She is very dear to me. But it is more than this, I really love her soul. Her warmth, her caring, her brilliance are all attributes that I cherish from her. My mind is drawn to the idea that our souls knew each other before we ever entered this world. That she was dear to me before time, she is dear to me now, and she will be dear to me after we move on. It is such a weird, unusual, and awesome thought to think that is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment