Thursday, February 2, 2012

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.

I find a good deal of logic in numbers. They give me a perspective, something I can refer back to and declare, "that happened." Today there are a few numbers that come to mind.

She would be 62 if she were alive today. She was only 45 when she passed away 17 years ago. She was only married for 16 years and it has been this long since I've seen her. I was only a little sprite at the age of 13. I have since lived over 1/2 my lifetime without her.

Each of these numbers mean something to me today. This is the sadness.

There are better numbers though. I shouldn't always focus on the negative.

67 is how old my step-mother is. I have known her for 13 years and she has been married to my father for 12 years.

I am blessed to have 2 wonderful women look after me, care for me, and love me. Some people don't even have 1. This is the gladness.

So many numbers, each one carrying memories, thoughts, and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment